Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

63rd Edinburgh International Film Festival News

The fest will start tomorrow but today I found some interesting (and darkly hilarious) news that I want to share with you all. The fest added to its line-up Lars von Trier’s Antichrist and the big news is that the film “recently passed UNCUT by the BBFC” and was given “an 18 certificate” rating. But I’m reproducing a warning from the official fest site.

CONSUMER ADVICE: Contains strong real sex scenes, bloody violence and self-mutilation.

Gee, that advice should scare many moviegoers, but also will arise the curiosity of others. Me, I knew since Cannes that I have to have one or two strong drinks before daring to watch this film that of course I’ll watch, as I have to watch everything by Lars von Trier.

On the serious side of the news, they also announced the Jury line-up for the British Gala Competion and these are the jurors, President: Director Joe Wright, Actor Frank Langella, American film critic Claudia Puig and actor Sacha Horler. If you feel like checking the jurors in the other competitions go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment