Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Sundance Award Winners

Last night the fest had its award ceremony and here are the winners.

Dramatic (or Feature Films)

Grand Jury Prize: Winter’s Bone, Debra Granik, USA
World Cinema Jury Prize: Animal Kingdom, David Michôd, Australia
Audience Award U.S.: happythankyoumoreplease Josh Radnor, USA
World Cinema Audience Award: Contracorriente Javier Fuentes-León, Peru, Colombia, France and Germany
U.S. Directing Award: 3 Backyards, Eric Mendelsohn,
World Cinema Directing Award: Zona Sur (Southern District), Juan Carlos Valdivia, Bolivia
U.S. Special Jury Prize: Sympathy For Delicious, Mark Ruffalo,
World Special Jury Prize for Breakout Performance:Tatiana Maslany in Grown Up Movie Star, Adriana Maggs, Canada

To check winners in all categories, including documentaries and short films, please go here or here.

As I have mentioned in previous years, I’m no fan of Sundance as most award winning films and/or in competition when finally I’m able to watch them I don’t enjoy them. Obviously there are some exceptions and hopefully this year I will find some and for starters I know will like Zona Sur, congratulations to Bolivia!!!

By the way, Mexican Amat Escalante also won an award and support for a film he expects to film within the next two years; not even him is able to explain what's all about. I know I will watch it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment